Friday, September 2, 2011

Texted Sisters ~ Battle of the Bergere

(not really at battle nor a bergere, but it made a neat title)

ber·gère[ber-zhair; Fr. ber-zhernoun, plural -gères
A bergère is an enclosed upholstered French armchair with an upholstered back and armrests on upholstered frames. The seat frame is over-upholstered, but the rest of the wooden framing is exposed: it may be moulded or carved, and of beech painted or gilded or of fruitwood, walnut or mahogany with a waxed finish. Padded elbowrests may stand upon the armrests.


I came home after work today to these totally awesome chairs.

My sister picked these up at a local thrift shop a couple of years ago and
they DID NOT look like this. My aunt re-did them for her and had just delivered them
before I got home.  I sooo wish I had a before pic to share.


I was so super jealous as soon as I saw them.  So of course I immediately had to mess with my sister.  :-)

Me:  (Along with a pic of chairs) How much profit do you want????

Purple: oh my gosh! they look amazing! i LOVE them!

Me: but I WANT THEM!!! if u could only c my face right now i no u would sooooooo give in........

Purple: not a chance!

Me:    :(

Me: U never were a good sister

Purple:  i didnt have any good modeling
(this is completely untrue and low blow IMO)

Purple: ill let you look at them. no touching though

Me:  (i then sent her a pic of me sitting in one of the chairs and touching the other)

Purple: HEY! GET OFF MY CHAIR!!




Mom and I are currently taking bets on how fast she will come home to get them.  She wasn't planning on coming home again until Thanksgiving. I've got my money on next weekend. lol

Tomorrow, I think I will send her a pic of her chairs arranged in my bedroom, because they will match it perfectly!! HeHeHe!


No comments:

Post a Comment