Friday, July 22, 2011

Jalapeno Chicken Dip

I have been invited to a Ladies Only Cookout this evening by one of the women's Sunday school classes at church. 

Recently, I have been trying to become thinking about becoming more involved in church and its extra-curriculars. Unfortunately, I haven't yet managed to make it to a Sunday school class.  Its been on the list, but I'm am so good at procrastination. Anyway, I was flattered that they thought to invite me.  At first, I politely declined after expressing my joy at receiving the invitation, because I felt that I had entirely too much to do with my upcoming move this week.  (Yes, only 2 more days!! YEAH!)

Yesterday evening, Mom and I were taking the legs off of my coffee and end tables, and I was telling (I'm sure she would say it sounded more like whining) her that I wished the cookout was next week, because I would really like to have gone. 

She just laughed and said "you'll not have time to go next week either, or the one after for that matter". 

And you know what?

She's so right.  So, I got up right then and went and made a phone call to confirm my attendance for the cookout this evening. 

I'm so excited!

So anyway, now for what this post is actually about!

It is a bring-your-fave-dish kinda thing, so I am taking Jalapeno Chicken Dip.  I thought I would share the recipe with you, just in case you have a last minute invite you need to go to. :-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jalapeno Chicken Dip Recipe

2   8 oz.  Blocks of Cream Cheese
1   10 oz Can of Chicken Breast
1             Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
3   Tbl.    Chopped Jalapenos


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix Cream Cheese, Chicken Breast, Cream of Chicken Soup and Jalapenos with electric mixer.  Blend all ingredients together well.  Pour mixture into a small casserole dish and back for approx. 20-25 minutes.

The top of the mixture will begin to bubble, then brown. (I always say its done when it gets that homemade cheese cake look. But it doesn't have to be 'done' all the way through like cheese cake.  Its a dip remember.) 

Serve warm with crackers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I hope you enjoy!

I've been thinking about sprinkling shredded cheddar cheese on top before baking. If someone gets around to trying it before I do, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment