Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting My Cart Before My Horse

I mentioned a few months ago, that I had made up my mind to sell my house and move closer into town. I have been working on this goal ever since then.

Slowly.

You see, in my overly optimistic mind, I imagined that my house would have been ready to put on the market by now.

But its not.

Actually, its far from it.

Now, school will be starting in a month, and I have my uterus removal scheduled mid-August. So I've decided to go ahead and move in with my Mom, and work on the house in my spare time.

At least that way I won't be doing the same things over and over. Like picking up toys, doing laundry, cleaning up spills, etc. etc. 

As much as I hate to admit it.  I can't help feel like I'm taking the easy way out.  It kinda bums me out.  I've always prided myself in my ability to do things on my own, making my own way and not asking for help.

My Mama Susie raised 5 hell-raising boys with no more help than her young sister (def. no help from her ex-husband, my Grandfather, but he never did earn that title as far as I'm concerned.). She raised them and raised them well. And I whine around about how hard it is for me with Ty (who causes me no problems speak of) and he is at his Dad's 3 Nights a week!!

Do you see why I kinda feel bummed and maybe not so proud?

Well, I need help.  And this time I'm going to take it.  There is no sense in my child suffering due to my bull-headed pride. 

I guess it's not that I Can't do this on my own, it's more that I just don't want to anymore.  I stress over trying to do it all, trying to be supermom and keep a house up inside and outside, fixing things myself when they tear up, cook decent dinners, have plenty of quality time with Ty, not miss a Karate class or any other activity he may be involved in, and work 40-50 hours a week.  All the while maintaining a great attitude and never loosing my patience with Ty. (Oops, that doesn't always happen.)

Its no wonder I've let myself go. I haven't even had time to think about exercising. 

Besides, my mom WANTS me to move in.  She keeps suggesting that its a positive thing for her as well and says she needs me as much as I need her.  (Makes me wonder what she's not telling me??, lol)

Anyway, I've decided to just do it. So, I set the move in date for Saturday July 23rd.  I'm not really moving that much stuff anyway.  Mostly just my living room stuff, because Ty and I will have our own TV room there. I'm leaving most everything else until the house sells, so it will be sorta-kinda staged.  I'm re-furbing some furniture for Ty's new bedroom (it's time to upgrade from the toddler bed).  I'm not taking my bedroom furniture yet, because I'll be sleeping on the couch (or in one of Mom's spare bedrooms) while I do some remodeling to the room I want. Which, unfortunately, I can't do until I'm finished with all of the projects at my house.

I know, I know!  But I don't care. I'm tired. So, I'm doing it anyway. :-p


COUNTDOWN TO MOVING DAY:
17 DAYS



No comments:

Post a Comment