Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Crazy Things Boys Will Do for Girls

Ty: Mom, I have to tell you something about K******.

Me: What is it? Is she not your girlfriend anymore?

Ty: How did you know?

Me: I'm just super smart. I mean what else could you have to tell me about her. Your 5.

Ty: Oh, OK.

Me: So why is she not your girlfriend anymore?

Ty: Weeellll, you see there is this other girl.

Me: OK cool, who is it?

Ty: Well, she's from Sunday school and her name starts with an A.

Me: (Panicked) Dude, you know she is your cousin, right? AND she's like 10. She can't be your girlfriend.

Ty:  (Exasperated) I know she is is my cousin, but listen.  She said that there are too many girls, and not enough boys in her class. SOOOOO, I'm gonna do her a favor, and I'm gonna secretly capture all the girls and lock them in a cave, so she can have all the boys.

Me:  OK, but why do you want her to have her all of the boys, if your her boyfriend? I don't get it.

Ty: (rolling his eyes) She is my cousin mom.

Me: Yes....

Ty: (still looking at me like I'm missing the whole point) soooo, she can't be my girlfriend

Me:  (just a complete look of confusion)

Ty: (huffs) all the other girls will be in the cave!

Me:  OOOOH!



I'm really not sure who's raising who.

No comments:

Post a Comment