Monday, March 26, 2012

Cell Phone Bling



Several months ago I saw a post on Crafting Rebellion to Rock Your IPhone.  I have been wanting to try this ever since then and last night was my chance.

I have to say that I actually like my inspiration piece better than mine in a lot of ways.  Mostly because I didn't have any flat backed pearls, so it is mostly gems (maybe a lil' too gem-ish) and I also used 9001 glue (because its what I had) rather than the E-6000 she recommends.  The glue dissolved the silver backing on my gems and they lost most of their sparkle. (actually, I'm not sure if it was the glue or maybe it was my gems? Oh well.)


Even though it didnt turn out exactly like I envisioned it, I still think it's pretty cool.  I mean it's definitely a one-of-a-kind!

 I enjoyed the process, and will probably try it again sometime. (I also MAY have gotten a slight buzz from the glue, lol)

This project technically was free.  I used an old cell case and things I had on hand.  The picture frame and the crown were from old keychains.  I just removed the chains.

If you were to purchase all of the items for this, it could get a little pricey, but just think what you had left over would make the next project free!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I've been wanting to try this for a while. Why spend $30 on a case when you can DIY it for free? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for commenting too! :)

    ReplyDelete