Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Decor Ideas

OK I promised you all that I would have this post up by LAST Friday, but as you can well see; that just did not happen.

These are the final 4 (probably... wink, wink) Halloween projects I am going to do this year.

I actually thought I was already done, but I have seen so many cute ideas while browsing some of my favorite blogs, that I just had to do a few more. I just couldn't help myself, lol.

*************************

We are all about Harry Potter at our house these days.  Ty is so into these books. We just started book #4 last week.  We read a chapter each night before we go to bed.  Its a wonderful way to wind down for bed.

Anyway, I want to thank Heather @ diykindagirl for sharing this idea. 

It's amazingly simple, but so cute, and so much fun.  Ty was ecstatic when he came home and saw this mixed into our Jack-o-Lantern patch!




*************************

I just had to create this white pumpkin with spider that I spied over at Country Living.




I actually made this pumpkin following the directions on Country Living website, but I didn't think it look right.  So I painted over it, flipped the pumpkin over (so the stem is propping it up) and redrew the lines.  This time I made the individual curves between each vertical line, rather than spiraling it out.  To each their own I guess.

*************************

My favorite of these four projects are definitely these Pumpkin Bats.  They are just so stinking cute. I stumbled onto this creepily cute idea while thumbing through my mom's Family Fun mag. You can get directions and templates for the eyes, ears and wings from their website.




My favorite helper. I had to get creative and use some
blue wire for the support on the wing. Ty is painting them black.

I used cheap plastic pumpkins from the dollar store, so we could run invisible fishing line through the tops of them and hang them from the pecan tree in the front yard. I also used the eye templates as a pattern, and painted them on instead of cutting them out of foam.  (I didn't have any white foam handy and I did have some white craft paint.)

*************************

Last, but definitely not least:


OK it doesn't really count as a project but it is colorfully relevant.




Your just not fully decorated for the holidays until your toes match the season. ;)


It's another activity packed weekend for us, so I'll be back early next week. Hopefully with some new ideas to share.

Have a Great One!



No comments:

Post a Comment