Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Kinda-Like a Compliment, Right?

Yesterday evening after Ty's karate class, I told him he could play on the Wii for 30 minutes while I did a few things.  I quickly layed out our clothes for today, packed his lunch and signed the permission slip for his class trip on Thursday.  Just as I was sneaking off to my room to stretch out with a book for a few minutes, I heard the t.v. turn off.  That's unusual, I thought. Although he agreeably turns it off when I tell him his time is up, I have seen evidence that he would play around the clock if given the opportunity.  Hence the 30 min. time limit.

I paused and sure enough he was headed my way.

Me: What's up?

Ty: Nothing. I just decided I didn't want to play for the rest of my 30 minutes.

Me: Why?

Ty: Cause I just want to cuddle with you Mommy.

Me: Are you sick? Is your belly hurting?

Ty: Nope, I'm fine. I just want to cuddle. BEFORE we read tonight.

Me: OK, come on then.

He crawls up in my lap on the couch and I take this opportunity to talk to him about his day.  As he is talking to me, he starts playing with my hair as he often does.  After a few minutes I can tell that he is more fascinated with my hair than having an actual conversation.  I just sit quietly as he "fixes" it in to a curly mess on top of my head.

Ty:  (smiling) Momma, I wish you were more beautifuler.

Me: (smiling) So do I kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment