Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Teachers Gifts

A post! Finally!

I'm not really sure why I haven't posted lately. I mean I know I've been busy, but I'm not really sure doing what.  I managed to get caught up on some scrapbooking that got pushed to the back burner through the holidays.  I packed up all of the Christmas decorations, and managed to get everything back to normal.

I also spent all last week doing some deep cleaning.  I figured if the weather was gonna act like it was spring, I might as well pretend it is too.

I chopped all of my hair off, and had red peak-a-boo highlights added to the front.  Crazy! I know.  I've kinda got a Neapolitan look goin' on, with the dark brown, blonde and red. It's a slightly asymmetrical stack bob.  Pretty funky and totally different from anything else I've sported in the last 10 years.  I'm not for sure what got into me, but I LOOOVVVEEE IT!  I never imagined I would like my hair short, but it is so super easy to fix and it STAYS fixed.  I don't have to spend an hour straightening it. It's AWESOME! 

ANYWAY, enough about all of that!


Try not to notice that none of the monograms are at the same height.  I didn't really think about them being photographed together.

I'm actually here to share what I made for Ty's teachers for valentine's day. 

I used my Cricut to cut out a stencil pattern on vinyl. Then I used the stencils to etch their initials onto some really nice heavy glasses I picked up. I filled them with red paper shreds and a bag of sugar free candy.

Perfect Valentine's Day gifts for his wonderful teacher, teacher's aide and of course the extremely helpful school secretary. (She's awesome. She makes finding out information a breeze!)


Of course they are not totally done yet.  I still need to add a ribbon and a gift tag. 

So what do you think? 

Do you send teacher's gifts for Valentine's Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment