Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting Back On Track

So sorry that I've been mostly MIA for two weeks.  I still can't believe how hard this surgery has been on me.  I've been working half days this week trying to get back into a regular routine, but after 5 or 6 hours up and about, I'm am exhausted.

I had my 1st post-op followup on Wednesday and the Doc was thrilled with my healing and how well I'm moving around.  I couldn't help thinking that if I'm doing that well then I truly feel sorry for everyone else.  I admit I am moving around pretty well though.  It's just getting tired that sucks so bad.  Of course I'm sure most people probably wouldn't be stretching themselves so thin by returning to work so soon, but I just can't help myself.  The guilt that I plague myself with when I'm not here is much, much worse than the exhaustion. :)

Now I am ready to get back on track with my blog.  I've really missed it, but I've been entirely too tired to even think rationally let alone publish anything in writing.  Seriously, I paid two bills last week when I got home, and then SEVERAL days later realized I had mailed them WITHOUT the checks.  Crazy, huh?

During my recovery, my wonderful sister stayed with me for a while.  During this stay, we came up with an idea to train for a 5K! I was on pain medication. I'm not sure what her excuse is. ;-)

My sister is already an avid walker and I have managed to work myself back up to 1 1/2 miles since my surgery.  Currently our plan is to officially begin training after my 6 week recovery is up.  She is already jogging a little bit, but I am going to continue to increase my endurance while walking until then.  Right now the mile and half is about all I can handle.  After that I start getting sore.

I'm super pumped about this idea!!  Its something I've always wanted to do, but never got around to.  Or never made it a priority rather.  Training with my sister will be great. Even though we are 6 hours apart, it will still give us some accountability and push us to train a little harder.

Now we just have to pick our 5K and push ourselves to our goal.

If you know of a 5K being planned for Spring 2012 somewhere between KY and NC, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment